Highly analytical and innovative, focused on return on investment (ROI), exceptional communication, merging marketing and technical acumen for highly visible user experience (UX).
HTML | SEO | SEM | Google Analytics | HubSpot | Hootsuite | Buffer | Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) | TeamSite | Documentum | Microsoft Office | Marketo | Salesforce | Moz | Asana | Smartsheet | WordPress
2016-2018 — Mendo Digital (Mendocino / Northern California)
Role: Content Marketer / Copywriter / Project Manager / Strategist
- Project management: Managed multiple projects and assessed customers’ brand, goals, and competition to develop the right growth strategy for them.
- Content writing: Wrote articles, blog posts, and website copy on various topics and industries – business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C).
- Digital marketing: Provided marketing strategy, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), and social media marketing.
- Social marketing: Set up companies’ social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram, Pinterest) and media strategy, growing brand awareness, and responding to customer issues and inquiries.
2016 — LiveHive, Inc. (San Jose, California)
Role: Digital Marketing Manager
- Content management: Managed company site on WordPress, optimized digital content with responsive Web design and functionality, liaised with internal teams/vendors for content curation, graphics, SEO, SEM, and PPC campaigns.
- Content strategy: Developed user personas and designed site content streams.
2004-2015 — EMC Corporation / Dell (Pleasanton, California)
Role: Senior Web Writer / Editor
- Award: Earned Excellence at EMC Silver Award as optimization team member, in recognition of on-time, on-budget content migration, and strategy.
- Marketing communications: Wrote, edited, and curated content for campaigns, products, services, solutions, and industries – landing pages, eBooks, blog posts, articles, videos, leadership materials, and white papers.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): Directly impacted search engine rankings, increasing ROI and evangelizing best practices to marketing teams.
- Content migrations: Led multiple content and multisite migrations with content management system (CMS) implementation at zero down time.
- Content management: Increased effectiveness of marketing teams with custom content submission templates and content publishing processes.
- Training: Coached writers, marketing managers, and directors on best-in-class content creation and UX.
2002-2004 — Documentum / EMC (Pleasanton, California)
Role: Web Writer / Editor
- Award: Earned Merit Award: Content Management Products, Online Communication, Touchstone, Northern California Technical Communication Competition, Society of Technical Communication (STC).
- Content management: Increased efficiency for line-of-business (LOB) managers by developing content submission templates and brainstorming on graphics and interactive tools for lead generation.
- Web analytics: Optimized website content by performing competitive webpage analyses, evaluating site usage statistics, and implementing findings.
- Usability: Planned and executed website usability testing, tabulated results, and wrote executive summary of recommendations, validating plans for future improvement of site.
2000-2001 — PeopleSoft / Oracle (Pleasanton, California)
Role: Web Producer
- Content management / content strategy: Published Web content through launch, multiple content migrations, content integrations, and site globalization, brainstorming with marketing managers to develop content and move to content management system (CMS).
- Website development: Improved organic search, lead generation, performance marketing.
- Digital marketing: Increased sales via direct-response pages, sales-oriented landing sites, and direct mail campaigns, running A/B testing, and tracking response rates / effectiveness.
- Usability: Enhanced user experience by assembling script, graphics, video, and audio client testimonials into interactive multimedia such as product tours, diagrams, and demos.
- Project management: Performed project management functions for website development including planning, scheduling, and implementation. Maintained ongoing communications with teams comprising product managers, developers, designers, project managers, and vendors.
1999-2000 — Wells Fargo Bank (San Francisco, California)
Role: Content Manager / Project Manager / Content Producer
- Web content management: Developed webpages, meeting with various product teams (such as Customer Support, IRA/Retirement Center, Home Equity, and Y2K) to define objectives and timelines, determine content and functionality, design visually appealing layout, ensure rapid download times, and quality-control results.
- Digital marketing: Wrote original content as well as curated content, negotiating terms with third parties, editing and customizing outsourced articles, ensuring their adherence to site tone and stylistic requirements.
- Web project management: Performed project management functions for website development including planning, scheduling, and implementation. Maintained ongoing communications with teams comprising product managers, developers, designers, project managers, and vendors.
- QA: Tested Web pages for quality assurance (QA) and adherence to Web standards and usability guidelines.
Various projects at: Arthur Andersen / Accenture, John Deere, Sun Microsystems / Oracle, TriStrata, WebTV Networks / Microsoft among others.
Education and Professional Development
- Marketing Strategy Certificate, Johnson Graduate School of Management, Cornell University, 2016-2017
- Inbound Certification, HubSpot Academy, 2016-2018
- Social Marketing Certification, Hootsuite Academy, 2016-2018
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in Sociology, specialized in Social Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), 1987
- Web Analytics / Digital Marketing / Creative Writing, American Marketing Association, Facebook, Google Analytics, and UCLA Extension
- Member, American Marketing Association (AMA)
- Member, Steering Committee, Coast Women in Business
- Member, Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI)
- Lifetime member, UCLA Alumni Association
- Member, Women in Consulting (WIC)
- Member, Writers of the Mendocino Coast, California Writers Club, Mendocino Coast Branch
Publications, Presentations, Honors
- “Managing Your Website with WordPress” Coast Women in Business (Caspar, California), September 2018
- “Connecting Locally and Beyond” presentation, Soroptimist International, Noyo Sunrise chapter (Fort Bragg, California), August 2018
- Contributor (Writer), Reality Watchdog, 2017
- Judge, Mendocino County High School Poetry Slam, 2016
- Judge, software guides and online information categories, Touchstone, Northern California Technical Communication Competition
- “Blogging for Business” presentation, Communication Arts Network, San Ramon, California, April 2007
- “Joys and Pitfalls of Contracting” panel, Society for Technical Communication, East Bay Chapter, April 2000
- Project management experience
- International business and working abroad experience
- Foreign languages:
- Bilingual Romanian-English
- Fluent in French and Spanish
- Conversant in Italian and German
- Some knowledge of Swahili and smattering of phrases in other languages
- U.S. citizen
- Flexible, versatile, creative
- Work well under pressure and with short notice
- Willing to travel
- Excellent communicator and team player
Work effectively with international teams. Skilled in identifying issues and coming up with solutions. Highly attentive to detail. Experienced in writing fun yet informative copy.