Marketing news, articles, and blog posts I found most interesting today.
- Key performance indicators (KPIs) – focus on your organization’s—or department’s—top diagnostic measures, those critical factors that contribute to staying in business (source: Christopher S. Penn)
- Structure content – content marketers should consider creating content in unformatted chunks (content modules) that they can change in just one place and display in various places on websites, channels, or devices (source: Content Marketing Institute)
- Longer Instagram Story ads – brands can get more creative with campaigns in Instagram’s expanded format: “carousel ads for Instagram Stories,” allowing three consecutive photos or videos instead of one (source: Marketing Land)
- Content marketing – tips: connect with your audience, quality is better than quantity, review your user data to keep content relevant to them, be strategic in using content to drive readers to desired call to action (CTA), learn from your audience and your experiences (source: Spark Epiphany)
- SEO automation – use tools/software for certain aspects of search engine optimization (SEO) in order to free up time for creative work, organic link-building, and administrative tasks (source: Search Engine Watch)
ABOUT THE BLOG AUTHOR
In addition to being a writer, Marinela Miclea runs Mendo Digital, a digital marketing agency that specializes in search engine optimization (SEO), eCommerce, social media, and website optimization. She’s passionate about books, music, social justice, and ethics. Follow her on Twitter @marinelamiclea or contact her with any questions.