Marketing-related news, articles, and blog posts I found most interesting today.
- Strong social media strategy – when planning your social advertising campaigns, structure it with the following elements: community growth (with a targeted audience that’s interested in your brand), engagement (focus advertising spend on content that’s doing well organically), website clicks (set social media parameters to get fresh users to your site), retargeting (remind nonconverting users about your brand with a website pixel, email list, or video views) (source: Social Media Today)
- Memorable ads – marketing campaigns that had great impact on brand growth, devising catchphrases that were remembered for years afterwards: Nike (Just Do It), Coca-Cola (Share a Coke), Absolut Vodka (Absolut bottle), Anheuser-Busch (Whassup), Miller Lite (Great Taste, Less Filling), Always (#LikeaGirl), Volkswagen (Think Small), Google (Year in Search), Dos Equis (The Most Interesting Man in the World), California Milk Processor Board (Got Milk?), Metro Trains (Dumb Ways to Die), Apple (Get a Mac), Clairol (Does She or Doesn’t She?), De Beers (A Diamond is Forever), Old Spice (The Man Your Man Could Smell Like), Wendy’s (Where’s the Beef?), and Procter & Gamble (Thank You, Mom) (source: HubSpot)
- Social media improvements – update your social media accounts with the following tips (source: Social Media Today)
- Facebook: change cover photo, add video to cover, change pinned post, rearrange tabs on the right side of the page, update the call-to-action (CTA) button, register for Facebook payments, review the About section, and use Facebook Messenger to communicate with your audience
- Instagram: put link to video or sign-up page in bio., create Instagram Stories and improve highlights section, carefully curate Instagram feed and delete older photos that didn’t generate engagement, and edit older posts with hashtags and/or location
- LinkedIn: update headline, ensure summary is friendly, descriptive, and benefits-oriented, leave groups in which you’re no longer interested, and reply to, delete, or archive messages in your inbox
- Twitter: update bio. with links, keywords, and hashtags, change pinned tweet, create cover art, use Twitter lists to create lists of thought leaders, community partners, corporate sponsors, donors, and volunteers, evaluate timeline, and clean out inactive users
- YouTube: add keywords to video titles and descriptions, write interesting, descriptive titles, and put hyperlinked CTAs in video captions
ABOUT THE BLOG AUTHOR
In addition to being a writer, Marinela Miclea runs Mendo Digital, a digital marketing agency that specializes in search engine optimization (SEO), eCommerce, social media, and website optimization. She’s passionate about books, music, social justice, and ethics. Follow her on Twitter @marinelamiclea or contact her with any questions.